Pages

Friday, February 15, 2013

Mozzarella Cheese

After the success with our homemade yogurt, I decided that I really wanted to try to make homemade mozzarella.  I'd seen some recipes on Pintrest, and I wanted to give it a try.

I ordered my supplies (citric acid, vegetable rennet tablets, and cheese salt) from www.cheesemaking.com, and I gave it a whirl yesterday.  I'd call it a successful failure.  I ended up with lots of tiny little curds that tasted like mozzarella, but that wasn't what I was going for.  So, I read everything I could about what may have gone wrong with my cheese on cheesemaking.com, used their recipe, and then I tried it again today.  And, IT WORKED!  It feels so good to have been successful.

I'll try this a few more times, and then I may try a different kind of cheese soon.



No comments:

Post a Comment