Pages

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Blendtec Blender Product Review

4-5 years ago, my husband was at Costco and got sucked into one of those blender demos that they do there sometimes.  It was for the Blendtec Blender.  He was really impressed and ended up buying one.  My reaction was something like, "How much?  For a BLENDER?"

However, I really must say, this little baby is by far my favorite and one of my most frequently used kitchen appliances, along with my Kitchenaid Mixer and toaster.  I use it for everything!  The counter says 851 times.  My favorite feature of this wonderful machine is the ease of cleanup.  I don't think I would ever use it if it was hard to clean.  I used to avoid using a blender because it was hard to clean.  Not so with this wonderful machine.  Rinse it out, put a little dish soap and water in, and pulse it for 10 sec.  Done!

The other amazing thing about this machine is that it really does blend anything.  Seriously.  We started out with smoothies, of course, but I use it for everything.  I make pancake batter, baby food, salad dressing, whip cream, and make a killer raw vegetable soup that comes out HOT with soup mode.  It will even grind wheat.  I recently found a blender recipe for butter that I'm thinking about trying and seeing if it's cheaper.

I've heard the Vitamix blender is very comparable, and Costco also sells that, but I haven't ever tried it.  It would be really fun to do a side by side comparison and give you my review.  Maybe someday.

Anyway, if you're looking for a cool kitchen gadget, this definitely fits the bill.  If you have one (or even if you don't) please let me know what you think (I'd love some comments).


No comments:

Post a Comment