Pages

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Filet and Asparagus with Bearnaise Sauce

Valentines is fast approaching.  Our favorite Valentine's dinner is grilled beef tenderloin and asparagus with Bearnaise Sauce and baked potato.  The husband found a tenderloin roast on sale for $6.99 a pound at Value City, and we cut it up into steaks.

I buy the big baker potatoes from Costco.  I wrap them in aluminum foil (you can also cover the skin with butter and and poke a hole or two in it to keep it from exploding in the oven), and I bake at 425 for 1 to 1 1/2 hours.

For the steak, my favorite seasoning is Cabela's Roasted Garlic and Beer seasoning.   I just sprinkle some on top and throw it on the grill.   Here is an awesome tutorial from Our Best Bites on How To Grill the Perfect Steak.

 Asparagus is a perfect pairing for filet.  I "snap" one piece of the bunch in half to remove the woody end, and then I trim the rest of them to that length.  You can also snap each spear individually.  Then, I put them in a pot of boiling, salted water for 2-5 minutes.  I like mine a little firm so I always cook it for the shorter time.  I always cook these very last just before we're ready to eat.

Bearnaise Sauce is really the thing that puts this meal over the top.  You can make this before you put the steaks on, and then just keep it warm in the double boiler.  Here is a link for the sauce recipe.


No comments:

Post a Comment