Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

Chicken Bacon Ranch Pita

The hubby had requested Pepper Steak Sandwiches for dinner, and I scheduled them for tonight, but, he decided to skip dinner because of the diet, so I will make them another time.  Instead, I made Chicken Bacon Ranch Pitas, similar idea to the Pepper Steak Sandwiches.  Here is the list of ingredients.  The amounts are just guidelines to get you started. 

2 chicken breasts
4 strips of bacon
1/2 c. cheddar cheese
4 pita pockets (the fresher and thicker the better)
Ranch dressing
chopped lettuce
cubed tomatoes
cubed half of an avocado

First, I cooked the bacon.  I cook mine in the oven at 425 degrees in an aluminum foil lined baking sheet for about 15-20 minutes.  Way less mess and fuss.  If you haven't tried it, it's worth your time.  While the bacon was cooking, I cubed and then browned the chicken in a frying pan.  When both were done, I crumbled up the bacon in the frying pan and added the cheddar cheese to melt.  I also put my pitas in the now warm and turned off oven to warm for a few minutes.

Then, I use pita like a soft taco shell and load up with my favorite toppings--the meat, lettuce, tomato, avocado, and ranch dressing.  Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment