Pages

Thursday, January 10, 2013

King Arthur Flour

Flour.  Exciting topic, huh?  But, I have recently discovered what a difference it makes.  When we lived in Utah, I used to buy Lehi Roller Mills flour.  I thought it was pretty good stuff, and I could buy it for cheap at Costco.  I was a little sad when we moved to Michigan, because I was going to miss the stuff.

Well, I've just been using the cheap Costco brand here, but a few weeks ago, my husband came home with a discovery--King Arthur Flour.  He got a sour dough starter, a few recipes, and a flour recommendation from a fellow foodie at work.  He came home and started baking pizza crust and ciabatta bread.  And, we could tell a difference with the King Arthur Flour  (I feel like I'm in a commercial, but I'm completely serious).

Next, I tried some of our favorite recipes--cinnamon rolls and pretzel bites--with the King Arthur Bread Flour.  They turned out better than they ever have before.  I'm really blown away by the difference.  So, now, I pay almost $1 a pound for our bread flour (which I figure really only costs me a couple extra dollars a month), and see it as money well spent!  Check out their web site.  It's really informative and has lots of great recipes and products.

No comments:

Post a Comment